||The Effect of INPWT on Wound Complications and Clinical Outcomes Following Lower Extremity Sarcoma Surgery in Patients Treated With Preoperative Radiation Therapy: A Multicentre Randomized Controlled Trial
| Protocole ID
| ClinicalTrials.gov ID
| Type(s) de cancer
| Type étude
CIUSSS DE L'EST-DE-L'ILE-DE-MONTREAL
PAV. MAISONNEUVE/PAV. MARCEL-LAMOUREUX
5415 boul. de l'Assomption, Montréal, QC, H1T2M4
| Investigateur(trice) principal(e)
Dr Marc Isler
|| Actif en recrutement
| Critètes d'éligibilité
- Patients 18 years of age and older and are able to provide written consent.
- Patients with lower extremity soft tissue sarcoma confirmed by tissue pathology.Each patient must have local cross sectional imaging (CT or MRI) and a staging CT chest.
- Patients eligible for treatment with preoperative radiation therapy followed by limb salvage surgery.
- Patients for which a primary closure must be attained at the time of surgery.
- Patient must be available for postoperative follow-up at the treating center.
| Critètes d'exclusion
- Patients who are less than 18 years of age.
- Patients with a benign disease or who have had previous surgery or radiation therapy to the affected area.
- Patients who underwent surgical amputation
- Patients in which primary closure was not achieved (including free flaps and split thickness skin grafts).
- Patients with a life expectancy less than 120 days.
- Patients who have an allergy or sensitivity to adhesive dressings.
- Other major medical condition preventing safe usage of the INPWT dressing.